Auto Wreck and Car Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident in the State of Louisiana, where 768 related deaths occurred in 2018, you may have questions about how the laws will affect property damage and personal injury claims. Car accident lawyers will work through the intricacies of a complex accident case that may have criminal components for reckless driving, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, which may affect insurance coverages, degrees of fault and the severity of the accident damages toward a timely award.
Louisiana is a third party liability state with regard to car accidents, and follows the pure comparative negligence rule, where an accident victim may seek compensation after a judge, or jury has assigned fault.
If you or a loved one was hurt due to another person’s actions behind the wheel, you may be struggling with anger, stress from medical expenses, strain from missed time at work, and you may be wondering what next steps you should take. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is an experienced auto accident law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana whose lawyers work closely with victims, families, and survivors of car accidents to help them seek justice and compensation for their injuries. They can take over communications with insurance adjusters to ascertain whether or not settlement offers are fair. Baton Rouge car accident attorneys can also build strong civil suits building upon criminal charges when you have been hurt by a drunk or distracted driver and want to seek justice. The Baton Rouge, Louisiana auto wreck law firm Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf may be able to answer questions about insurance claims processes, methods to value comprehensive damages, and initiate litigation when it is warranted.
Car Crash Injury Claims in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Car accidents can leave victims with devastating and life-altering injuries. These injuries can leave individuals out of work or result in weeks or months of rehabilitative care. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car accident, contact the Baton Rouge, Louisiana auto wreck lawyers at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf. Different types of car crashes correlate with varying levels of severe bodily injury and property damage. Our firm can help you plan the next steps forward. Here are some common car accident injuries we see:
- Rear-end crashes are a common type of accident in Louisiana that can result in very serious physical injury. Causes of rear-end crashes may be fatigued driving, distracted driving, using a cellular device and texting while driving. Accident victims should remember that rear-end collisions lead to serious injury causing whiplash, or spine and head injury that may not present itself until a later time. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal injury, it is important to consider speaking to car accident attorneys at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, living with paralysis can cost victims and families close to $200,000 each year. You may be able to seek a recovery for these costs through insurance or from negligent parties after a crash. It is wise to seek a medical screening and consult with car accident lawyers in Louisiana to explore legal options to cover harmful losses.
- Highway accidents can result in catastrophic physical injury and increased property damage because of the high speeds maintained on larger roadways. These types of collisions may result in internal bleeding which may require surgery, disfigurement that can leave victims burned, scarred, or suffering from loss of limb, requiring reconstructive surgery. Damage to one’s appearance can be emotionally and physically devastating. If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of this type of injury, negligent parties may be responsible for covering medical expenses, reconstructive costs, and lost wages.
- Head-on crashes often occur because of a reckless driver, or some other reason that a vehicle would be headed down a roadway in the wrong direction. Head-on collisions may lead to serious injury, or wrongful death because of the force and weight of the colliding vehicles. Head-on crashes result in serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), concussions, bone fractures, spinal injury, loss of limb, and vision complications. According to the Centers for Disease Control, symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury can include memory difficulties, changes in sight or balance, problems with language, or mood changes. Individuals may also suffer from sleep problems. If you or a loved one has developed these symptoms after a car accident, contact the car wreck law firm at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf today. We can help you seek the medical care you may need and help you fight for the recovery you may deserve under the law.
- Intersection crashes can result in side-impact T-bone collisions, or broadside accidents where someone may run a signal and make impact with the side of a vehicle; rear-end crashes may also occur from distracted drivers who are texting, talking, or just not paying attention to cars in front of them; and head-on impacts occur even though traffic lights and signs are present. Reckless, or speeding drivers cause significant damage to a non-moving car at a traffic signal. If a traffic signal is broken, or there is some other safety malfunction caused by the government entity charged with maintaining the roadway, another party may be named in a negligence claim.
- Hit-and-run accidents are illegal and drivers are never supposed to leave the scene of an accident in Louisiana. Legal consequences to a hit-and-run driver are in line with the extent of injury and damages caused by the accident.
In the aftermath of an automobile wreck, you may not always know what steps to take or where you should turn. However, if you’ve been hurt, you may be entitled to seek a recovery to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is a auto wreck law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who can help you seek the maximum possible recovery permitted under the law.
Legal action after an accident.
Louisiana accident victims do not have to deal directly with insurance companies toward resolving damage losses. Experienced car accident lawyers can carry that burden and save time, reduce stress, and point accident victims on the right path toward a comprehensive financial award.
Fight for Your Rights After a Car Accident in Baton Rouge Louisiana
Insurance adjusters may base your settlement on estimates and computer programs that may not account for all your medical expenses or losses. Negligent parties may fight to avoid taking responsibility for your injuries. If you’ve been hurt in a crash due to another driver’s negligence or neglect, you have important rights under the law. By seeking damages, you are sending a strong message to the community that speeding, reckless driving, distracted driving, drunk driving, and other unsafe driving behaviors won’t be tolerated. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to seek a claim. Louisiana’s statute of limitations law requires individuals to seek damages within one year of injury. Call Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, car accident lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana today at 225-343-2205 to learn more about your options under the law. We can answer your questions and help you understand the next steps to take to protect your rights and seek the damages you may be entitled to receive.
Click Here To Schedule A Free Case Evaluation >>