Hope For Those Impacted By A Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one is devastating. It’s all the more heartbreaking when their death was preventable.
If negligence contributed to your loved one’s tragic death, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. You can turn to the Baton Rouge law firm of Miller, Hampton & Hilgendorf for help.
Our lawyers have more than 55 years of combined experience – experience that we will leverage to help you pursue accountability, compensation and justice.
Types Of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful death cases are a type of personal injury claim. We handle all types of wrongful death cases, including:
- Fatal auto accidents and trucking accidents
- Deaths resulting from nursing home mistreatment or neglect
- Construction accidents involving the negligence of a third party
If you’re not sure whether you have a case, please turn to our lawyers for guidance. We are here to help.
Damages In Wrongful Death Claims
The damages in these cases are often much more significant than a run-of-the-mill injury claim because the impact of an untimely death is so far-reaching. From a financial perspective, you may have lost decades worth of financial support from your loved one. And the loss of their presence in your life is immeasurable.
Our lawyers can help you pursue damages such as:
- Compensatory damages for the financial fallout of your loved one’s death, including their medical bills, property damage and lost financial support
- Noneconomic damages, also called general damages, that attempt to put a number on the unmeasurable impact of your loved one’s death, including their pain and suffering and your loss of their loving presence
Of course, no amount of money can adequately compensate for your loved one’s tragic loss of life. However, your loved one would have wanted you to be financially secure, and a wrongful death claim can accomplish that.
Compassionate Representation | Free Consultations
We know how heart-rending it is to lose a loved one unexpectedly. Our entire team is here to support you during this difficult time.
We offer free initial consultations so you can learn more about how we can help. You can also call us at 225-343-2205.