Employment Lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We assist employees and companies facing a range of employment law disputes. Employment law can be complex. Small businesses may sometimes have difficulty navigating their obligations when it comes to payroll, overtime pay, and human resources. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who helps both workers and businesses understand their rights. Our firm can help you with:
- Unpaid Overtime Claims
- Late Wages
- Unpaid Wages
- Workplace Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Non-Compete Clauses
- Enforcement of Non-Compete Clauses
- Employee Privacy
- Independent Contractor Contracts
- And more
These are just some of the ways that the Baton Rouge, Louisiana employment lawyers at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf can help you. Whether you are a business looking to ensure that you are in compliance with labor laws and wage and hour laws, or an employee with a question about back pay, unpaid overtime, or discrimination, Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf may be able to help you. Contact our firm today to learn more.
Here is more information about how Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf may be able to assist you with your employment law dispute:
- Wage and Hour Disputes. If you are a worker who wasn’t paid time and a half for overtime (any time you worked over a 40-hour workweek), you may be entitled to make a claim for unpaid overtime. While some workers are exempt from overtime, the majority of workers are not exempt. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf are Baton Rouge, Louisiana employment lawyers who fight for worker’s rights. Whether you are owed unpaid overtime, or are struggling because your employer pays your wages late, you may have the right to seek damages and make a claim under the law. Furthermore, if you were asked to “work off the clock” the employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf may be able to help you.
- Workplace Discrimination. Workplace discrimination is any kind of discrimination based on your age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, or disability. Workplace discrimination, in order to be enforced, must either create a hostile work environment or must result in your wrongful firing or lay off. Discrimination can also occur if you believe your employer passed you up for a promotion, offered you a lower salary, or didn’t provide you with training opportunities or assignments because of your age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, or disability. If you believe you have suffered workplace discrimination, contact Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana today to protect and assert your rights.
- Sexual Harassment. In recent months, more women have been coming forward about the ways that their rights have been violated in the workplace. According to the S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, sexual harassment can include sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or sexualized comments and actions. Sexual harassment can also include quid pro quo requests (where a manager or boss asks for sexual favors in exchange for hiring or promotion opportunities). If you believe you have suffered sexual harassment in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, speak to Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, employment lawyers today.
- Wrongful Termination. Being fired is not wrongful termination. But, if your employer fires you because you are a certain gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or because you have a disability, or have become disabled, or pregnant, you may have a case. Furthermore, if you had a contract and your employer violated the contract, you may also have a case. Contact Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to learn more about your rights regarding wrongful termination.
- If you believe you have been fired or passed up for a promotion for asserting your worker’s rights, you may have certain rights under the law. One of the biggest fears workers have when asking for unpaid wages or when fighting discrimination and sexual harassment is the fear that their employer will retaliate. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf are employment lawyers who can protect your rights in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Non-Complete Clauses. If you’ve been asked to sign a non-compete clause, it is important to understand how this might impact your rights. If you are an employer drafting a non-compete contract, you want a contract in place that will be enforceable. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf are employment lawyers who can review non-compete clauses and contracts to help you understand and protect your rights, whether you are an employee or an employer.
- Employee Privacy. While employers are permitted to test employees for drug use before they hire you, employers are only permitted to test workers for drugs under specific circumstances. The only time your employer may ask you to submit to drug testing after you’ve been hired is if your job poses significant safety hazards, if you have been involved in an accident where drug use may be suspected, or if you were enrolled in a drug rehabilitation program. If you believe you are being wrongfully asked to submit to a drug test, contact Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, employment lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Independent Contractor Contracts. If you are being asked to sign an independent contractor contract or are an employer wanting to hire contractors, it is important to protect your rights. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who can help you understand your responsibilities and rights when it comes to independent contract work and hiring independent contractors.
- Other employment law issues. Whether you are a company needing help with a contract or an employee with questions about your worker’s rights, Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is an employment law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who can help you.
Employment law is a wide-ranging field. Employees have rights when it comes to their payment of wages, hiring, and firing. Employers have a responsibility when they hire workers. Protect your rights. Contact the employment law firm at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, if you are facing an employment law dispute in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.